The UKCRC Tissue Directory and Coordination Centre is recruiting for the position of Engagement Manager, Collaborations, for a 10 month maternity cover. The post will be located within the UCL Division of Surgery and Interventional Science at the Royal Free campus. The post holder will work closely with the Engagement Manager, Research and the UCL co-investigators.
This position is responsible for leading on the project activities which result in output delivery, evaluation and new opportunities in collaboration with external stakeholders.
This role would suit someone with prior experience of stakeholder engagement, marketing and communications, project evaluation and/or policy development. Understanding of the biobanking landscape is desirable prior knowledge.
- Working closely with the Director in managing the project, including updating policies and procedures, and delivering to agreed objectives and milestones.
- Leading on the engagement and influence of key stakeholders.
- Researching, writing and producing articles, online content and blogs, social media content, presentations and grant applications.
- Take editorial responsibility for the UKCRC TDCC website.
Applicants must be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. Essential experience includes, but is not limited to:
- partnership working and working across multiple organisations;
- building effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels; and
- writing for different audiences, for example, academic publications, reports, and online content.
S/he will have excellent knowledge of engagement techniques and approaches and have experience of designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a stakeholder engagement plan.
A job description and person specification can be accessed via the advertisement on the UCL jobs website.
Deadline 28 July 2019.